For Garlic Chutney
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 10-15 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- ¼ cup Peanuts
- ¼ cup Dry Desiccated Coconut
- ½ tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2-3 Big Potatoes, Boiled and Mashed
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger, finely chopped
- 2-3 Green Chillies, finely chopped (as per your taste)
- ½ Onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Curry leaves
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Salt (as per your taste)
- ¼ cup Fresh Coriander leaves
- 1 cup Wheafree Besan
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Red Chilli
- ½ tsp Wheafree Baking Powder
- Water for making
- Oil for Frying
Making the Garlic Chutney:
1. Heat some oil in a small pan, sauté garlic in it for a few seconds.
2. Add sesame seeds and peanuts. Roast them till it changes in colour.
3. Switch off the flame and add desiccated coconut. Mix it well.
4. Add Kashmiri red chili and mix.
5. Keep it aside and let it cool down.
6. Add salt and grind into powder.
Making the Vada:
1. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and crackle them.
2. Add garlic and ginger and stir fry until the raw aroma goes away.
3. Add green chillies and curry leaves, fry them for a few seconds.
4. Add turmeric, red chilli and salt to taste and mix.
5. Then add boiled potatoes and mix everything well.
6. Add fresh coriander leaves and mix.
7. Keep it aside and let it cool down, meanwhile make the batter.
8. Take Wheafree Besan in a bowl.
9. Add salt, turmeric, red chilli and Wheafree Baking Powder.
10. Mix everything well using a whisk.
11. Add water and make a thick batter.
12. Now take the potato mix and make balls of it.
13. Dip the balls in the batter, coat it well.
14. Heat oil in a pan or wok (kadai), when the oil becomes hot deep fry the vadas till golden, turning a couple of times as needed. Make all batata vada this way and set aside.
Assembling the Vada Pav:
1. Take Wheafree Pav and cut them from the middle.
2. Toast them on a pan using very little oil.
3. Spread both the green chutney and tomato ketchup on either sides of the sliced Wheafree Pav.
4. Sprinkle the dry garlic chutney on the pav.
5. Place the hot vada in between the pav.
6. Add some more of the dry garlic chutney.
7. Serve vada pav immediately or else the pav becomes soggy. You can also serve some salted fried green chilies and both of the chutneys with it.
- Recipe By: Wheafree Kitchen