- 1 cup Wheafree Bread Mix
- 1 gm Xanthan Gum
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Wheafree Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ½ cup Water
For the stuffing:
- 1 tbsp Oil for frying
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 Red/Yellow Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Carrot, shredded
- 50g Cottage Cheese, diced
- 1 ½ tbsp Gluten Free Pizza Sauce
- 1 tbsp Gluten Free Tomato Ketchup
- ½ tsp Salt (as per your taste)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Mozzerella Cheese
1. Take Wheafree Bread Mix in a bowl. Add Xanthan Gum, Salt and Wheafree Baking Powder to the bowl and mix everything properly.
2. Add Oil and mix with your hands, rub between your fingers to make crumbly dough.
3. Now add Water little by little and knead into a stiff dough. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the stuffing.
4. Heat Oil in a frying pan. Sauté Garlic till it turns aromatic then add Onions. Sauté onions till they become translucent and soft.
5. Add Carrots and fry them till they are partially cooked. Then add Capsicum and Bell Peppers, sauté for a few minutes, make sure the vegetables are still crunchy.
6. Add Cottage Cheese and mix gently.
7. Add Gluten Free Pizza Sauce and Gluten Free Tomato Ketchup and mix properly so that everything is well coated with sauce.
8. Add Salt, Oregano, Parsley, Chilli Flakes and Black Pepper. Mix well.
9. Add Cheese and mix well until the mixture is well combined.
10. Transfer to a bowl and allow it to cool completely.
11. Heat the Oil for frying in a wok or a deep fryer.
12. Uncover the dough and knead it a little. Dust some flour over the surface. Take a dough ball, roll it into a sheet, thicker than chapati. Cut off the edges in rectangular shape. Then measuring with your fingers, make a cut after 3 fingers and after 2 fingers, remove the extra sheet.
13. Put the stuffing in the middle of the narrow rectangular sheet leaving the edges clean, apply some water on the edges and cover with the wider rectangular sheet, gently press it over the stuffing with your fingers.
14. Press the edges with a fork on all sides and cut the extra portion using a knife. The pizza pocket is ready to fry.
15. Check the Oil by putting a little dough in the oil, if it comes up within a few seconds, the oil is ready to use.
16. Deep fry the puffs till they are evenly brown on both sides. Take out on a tissue to soak up the extra oil.
17. Enjoy the pizza puffs with the gluten free sauce of your choice.
- Recipe By: Wheafree Kitchen