Gluten-free pistachio Biscotti dipped in white chocolate. They are loaded with a generous helping of chopped pistachios and a big pinch of cardamom powder. These twice baked crunchy Italian cookies hit the spot and when had along with a mug of coffee, it’s pure bliss.
- 2 cups Wheafree Maida Replacer
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup salted shelled, chopped pistachios
- ¾ tsp ground green cardamom
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl whisk the maida replacer and baking powder.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar at medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Reduce the speed to low and add one egg at a time, beating gently until combined.
- Add the pistachios, cardamom, and vanilla extract. Mix with a spoon until combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Dust the lined baking sheet with flour. Spoon the dough on top. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F, adjusting a rack in the middle.
- Take the dough out of the fridge. Using floured hands, form a log that's about 12 inches long (it doesn't need to be perfect. The dough will spread during baking).
- Bake for 25 mins, or until the dough is slightly golden, rotating the baking sheet halfway through.
- At this point, the dough should still be quite soft. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10-20 mins. Take a serrated knife and cut the log into ½-inch slices. Arrange the biscotti slices flat in one layer on the baking sheet, keep them about ½ inch apart.
- Reduce the oven heat to 275 degrees F. Bake for another 30-35 mins, turning the biscotti cookies over halfway through until crisp. Remove from the heat and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled completely, enjoy them!
- Recipe By: Harini Challapally