Gluten Free Poori | Using Maida Replacer | Crispy, Puffy & Soft
- 1 cup Wheafree Maida
- ¼ cup Curd
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Oil
- Warm Water for making dough
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Carrom seeds (ajwain) (optional)
1. Take Wheafree Maida Replacer in a mixing bowl.
2. Add salt and carrom seeds.
3. Add curd and mix.
4. Add Oil and mix the ingredients properly.
5. Now add warm water little by little and start kneading the dough.
6. Leave the dough little tough (not too tight).
7. Once done, add 1 tsp oil to the dough and knead.
8. Cover the dough and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
9. Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan/ wok at medium-high flame.
10. While the oil is being heated, uncover the dough and knead it once.
11. Now take small portions and make balls out of it.
12. Roll out the balls into small circles.
13. Use a little oil or Wheafree Maida Replacer to dust the surface so that the dough doesn't stick to the rolling board and/or pin.
14. Check the oil by putting a little dough in the oil. It should sizzle and rise to the surface within a few seconds, that’s the perfect oil temperature. If the oil is too hot the dough will instantly rise to the surface, if it’s not hot enough the dough will not sizzle and will remain in the bottom for longer. In either case the pooris will not cook properly.
16. Once you get the desired oil temperature, start putting the rolled out pooris in the oil.
17. Fry them till they puff up. Evenly brown them on both sides.
18. Once done, take them out on a tissue to remove the extra oil.
19. Serve hot with a dish of your choice.
- Recipe By: Wheafree Kitchen