Gluten Free Pink Sauce Pasta | Creamy Penne Pasta
For Boiling the Pasta:
- 2 cups Wheafree Rice Maize Penne Pasta
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Water for boiling
For Pink Sauce:
- 2 ½ tbsp Oil
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 large Onions, finely chopped
- 1 big Capsicum large sized, diced
- 1 Red/Yellow Bell Pepper, large sized, diced
- 1/3 cup Sweet Corn (optional)
- 6 large Fresh Tomatoes, peeled and pureed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 2-3 tbsp Gluten Free Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ¼ cup Fresh Cream (more if needed)
- 1/3 cup Cheese, grated
To boil the Pasta:
1. Boil water in a heavy bottom pan.
2. Add salt and oil and stir till salt dissolves. Now add Wheafree Rice Maize Penne Pasta.
3. Cook for about 8-10 minutes. Keep them a bit undercooked as they will cook in the sauce as well.
4. Reserve a little pasta water in a cup for further use.
5. Strain the pasta.
6. Run it under water for a few minutes.
7. Add some more oil to avoid sticking.
To make the Tomato Puree:
1. Take 6 tomatoes and make an X at the bottom of each tomato and put them in boiling hot water, keep them for only 2-3 minutes then take them out and put the tomatoes into cold water. This will give them a shock and the peel will come right out.
2. Peel the tomatoes and grind them into paste.
To make the Pink Sauce:
1. Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and fry till fragrant.
2. Add onions and cook till it becomes translucent. Then add capsicum, sweet corn, bell peppers, fry for a few minutes, let the vegetables remain crunchy.
3. Add previously prepared tomato puree, salt, black pepper, white pepper, oregano and chilli flakes, mix well. Add gluten free tomato ketchup and cook for 5-7 minutes.
4. Now add butter and fresh cream, mix well and cook for a minute at low flame, add more cream if required to get the perfect pink colour. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Now add the boiled pasta and mix with very light hands, cook for a few minutes.
6. Switch off the flame, garnish the pasta with some processed cheese, cover the pan and keep it for a few minutes for the cheese to melt.
7. Serve hot.
- Recipe By: Wheafree Kitchen