Gluten Free Dosa
Gluten Free Dosa
For the Filling:
- 2-3 Boiled Potatoes, medium sized, diced
- 1 Onion, medium sized, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp Ginger Paste
- ½ tsp Salt (as per taste)
- ¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- 7-8 Curry Leaves
- 1-2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- A little less than ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1 3/4 cup Water (more or less as required)
For the Batter:
- 1 cup of Wheafree Dosa/Idli mix
- 1 ¾ cup of Water (adjust according to requirement)
- 1/4th cup Curd
- 1 Eno Fruit Salt Sachet or a pinch of Baking Soda (optional)
- 1 tsp Salt (according to taste)
- 1 tsp Oil
To Make the Potato Filling:
- Heat oil in a frying pan on high flame.
- Add mustard seeds and Cumin seeds into it and fry them on low flame, let them splutter.
- Now add onions, curry leaves and green chilies into the pan. Sauté on medium-high flame till onions soften and turn translucent.
- Add ginger paste and stir fry.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt and pepper. Mix very well.
- Now add a little water. Mix well and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or till the mixture thicken a bit.
- Next add the boiled potatoes and mix gently till the spices coat the potatoes.
- Cook on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes stirring occasionally. The water will reduce and the potato filling will thicken.
- Switch off the flame and then add chopped coriander leaves.
- Stir and keep the potato filling aside.
- The filing should be moist and easily spreadable on the dosa but it should not be of a curry or gravy consistency.
To Make the Batter:
- Take Wheafree Dosa/Idli Mix in a mixing bowl.
- Add curd and ½ cup water mix well.
- Now add more water as per requirement to make a batter of pouring consistency but not too runny.
- Mix everything well and keep the batter aside for about 15-20 minutes.
- Add 1 Eno fruit salt sachet or a pinch of baking soda to make it fluffy and mix with light hands in one direction.
To Make the Dosa:
- Heat the pan on medium-high flame, add a few drops of oil and rub it evenly over the pan with a tissue or cloth, there should not be any excess oil on the pan.
- Once the pan is hot enough, stir the batter once and pour it in the centre of the pan. Spread it evenly with the help of a ladle starting from the middle reaching the edged in circular motion making a thin crepe out of the batter.
- Let it cook for a minute on medium flame then brush a little oil/butter over the dosa. The centre will start to appear golden brown in colour and the edges of the dosa will start to come off the pan when it is done.
- Spread the potato filling over the dosa and fold it and cook for a few seconds.
- You can also serve the dosa without the filling as plain dosa.
- Serve hot with Coconut/ Groundnut chutney and with Sambar.
- Recipe By: Wheafree Kitchen