Gluten Free Bread Samosa
For Aloo Masala:
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Coriander Seeds, crushed
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 Green Chillies, finely chopped (as per taste)
- 1 tbsp Ginger, finely chopped
- ½ cup Green Peas
- ½ tsp Salt (as per taste)
- ½ tsp Chilli Powder (as per taste)
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp Coriander Powder
- ¼ tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Amchur (Mango Powder)
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper, crushed
- 3 Potato, boiled & mashed
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup Wheafree Maida Replacer
- ¼ cup Wheafree Corn Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt (as per taste)
- ¼ tsp Chili Flakes (as per taste)
- 1 cup Water
For making Samosa:
- 10 slices of Wheafree Sandwich Bread
- Oil (for frying)
- Water (for brushing)
To make the Potato Stuffing:
1. Heat oil in a large pan. Add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds. Sauté on low flame until the spices turn aromatic.
2. Add green chilies, ginger and peas (if using). Sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Now add salt, chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, amchur and black pepper.
4. Sauté on low flame until the spices turn aromatic.
5. Now add the mashed boiled potatoes and mix well until everything is well combined.
6. Cook for a few minutes then add fresh coriander leaves and mix well.
7. Potato stuffing is ready. Keep aside.
Making the Slurry:
1. In a small bowl, take Wheafree Maida Replacer, Wheafree Cornflour.
2. Add warm water and mix into smooth lump-free slurry.
Folding the Samosas:
1. Take a slice of Wheafree Sandwich Bread.
2. Lightly wet your palms and apply on both sides of the bread.
3. Trim off the edges then roll out the bread pieces and flatten them out into sheets.
4. Cut them diagonally. Apply the slurry along the edges and fold the bread into a cone
5. Stuff the cone with the potato stuffing. Apply the slurry on the remaining ends of bread. Cover and seal the edges by pinching lightly on it.
6. Heat up oil in a deep bottomed pan/ deep fryer. Fry the samosas keeping the flame on medium.
7. Stir occasionally. Fry until the samosa turns golden and crisp.
8. Drain the extra oil over a tissue.
9. Serve hot with gluten free tomato sauce or tamarind chutney.
- Recipe By: Wheafree Kitchen